jīv jāgo, jīv jāgo, gauracānda bole
kota nidrā yāo māyā-pīśācīra kole
1) “Wake up, sleeping souls! Wake up, sleeping souls!” Lord Gaurāṅga calls, “You have slept so long in the lap of the witch Māyā!”
bhajibo boliyā ese soṁsāra-bhitore
bhuliyā rohile tumi avidyāra bhore
2) “You came into this world saying, ‘O my Lord I will certainly worship You,’ but having forgotten this promise you remain in great ignorance.
tomāre loite āmi hoinu avatāra
āmi vinā bandhu āra ke āche tomāra
3) “I have descended to this world just to reclaim you. Other than Myself, who else is your true friend?
enechi auṣadhi māyā nāśibāro lāgi’
hari-nāma mahā-mantra lao tumi māgi’
4) “I have brought the medicine for destroying the illusion of Māyā. Now beg for this hari-nāma-mahā-mantra and take it.”
bhakativinoda prabhu-caraṇe poḍiyā
sei hari-nāma-mantra loilo māgiyā
5) Bhaktivinoda fell at the lotus feet of Lord Gaurāṅga, and after begging for the holy name he indeed received that mahā-mantra.