Śaraṇāgati (Surrendered to the Lord’s Shelter)
Second Principle of Surrender: Ātma-Nivedana (Dedication of the Self) – Song 8
ātma-nivedana, tuwā pade kori’,
hoinu parama sukhī
duḥkha dūre gelo, cintā nā rohilo,
caudike ānanda dekhi
1) I have become supremely happy by surrendering myself at Your lotus feet. Sorrow has gone far away, and there are no more cares. All I see is joy in the four directions.
tāhāte ekhona, viśrāma labhiyā
chāḍinu bhavera bhoya
2) Your two lotus feet are reservoirs of immortal nectar that grant freedom from both sorrow and fear. Resting in them I have found peace, and have completely given up the fear of worldly existence.
tomāra saṁsāre, koribo sevana,
nāhibo phalera bhāgī
tava sukha jāhe, koribo jatana,
ho’ye pade anurāgī
3) I shall render service in Your household and never endeavor to enjoy the fruits of that service. Rather, I shall strive for whatever pleases You, being fully enamored by Your lotus feet.
tomāra sevāya, duḥkha hoya jato,
se-o to’ parama sukha
sevā-sukha-duḥkha, parama sampada,
4) All the troubles encountered in Your service shall be the cause of great happiness, for in Your devotional service joy and sorrow are equally great riches. Both destroy the misery of ignorance.
pūrva itihāsa, bhulinu sakala,
sevā-sukha pe’ye mane
āmi to’ tomāra, tumi to’ āmāra,
ki kāja apara dhane
5) I have completely forgotten all of my past history by feeling in my mind the great joy of Your service. I am indeed Yours, and You are truly mine. What need is there of any other treasure?
bhakativinoda, ānande ḍubiyā,
tomāra sevāra tare
saba ceṣṭā kore, tava icchā-mato,
thākiyā tomāra ghare
6) Bhaktivinoda sinks deeply into the ocean of pure bliss by engaging in Your service. He devotes all his efforts according to Your wishes while living in Your house.