Śaraṇāgati (Surrendered to the Lord’s Shelter)
Fourth Principle of Surrender: Avaśya Rakṣibe Kṛṣṇa – Viśvāsa, Pālana (Faith in Kṛṣṇa as Protector) – Song 4
kiṅkorī hoiluṅ āji, kān!
1) I give up the vanity of the error that I am a male. Today I have become Your faithful maidservant, O Kāna!
sevana korobuṅ, rādhā-nāth!
2) In the groves of Vraja I will render personal service as a follower of one of the confidential sakhīs, O Lord of Rādhā!
kusume gāṅthobuṅ hār
3) I will string together a garland of forest flowers, in which tulasī buds shall be the jewelled pendants.
jatane deobuṅ sakhī-kare
hāte laobo sakhī ādare
4) With utmost care I will place the garland in the hands of my superior sakhī, and she will take it out of my hands with loving regard.
sakhī dibo tuwā duhuk gale
dūrato herobuṅ kutūhale
5) Then she will place the garland around both of Your necks, while from afar I watch in wonder.
sakhī kahabo,-“śuno sundarī!
rahobi kuñje mama kiṅkorī
6) The confidante will then say to me, “Listen, O beautiful one, you shall remain in this grove as my attendant.
gāṅthobi mālā mano-hārinī
7) “Daily you will string together beautiful flower garlands that will enchant Rādhā and Kṛṣṇa.
tuwā rakhana-bhāra hāmārā
mama kuñja-kuṭīra tohārā
8) “The responsibility for your maintenance is mine. My cottage in this grove is yours.
rahobi hāmāra antarāle
9) “When the time comes for me to go and serve Rādhā and Mādhava, you will stay close to me while remaining hidden.
tāmbula sāji’ karpūra āni’
deobi moe āpana jāni’ “
10) “After dressing packets of betel nuts and fetching the camphor, you will hand them to me, knowing me to be your very own.”
bhakativinoda śuni’ bāt
sakhī-pade kare pranipāt
11) Bhaktivinoda, having heard all these instructions, bows down at the lotus feet of that confidential sakhī.