ātma-samarpane gelā abhimān
nāhi korobuṅ nija rakhā-vidhān
1) Surrendering my soul unto You has lifted from me the burden of false pride. No longer will I try to provide for my own safety.
tuwā dhana jāni’ tuhuṅ rākhobi, nāth!
pālya godhana jñāna kori’ tuwā sāth
2) I know that You will give protection to Your treasured possessions, O Lord. I now understand the mentality of Your treasured cows safely maintained by Your side.
carāobi mādhava! jāmuna-tīre
baṁśī bājāoto ḍākobi dhīre
3) When You lead Your herds to pasture, O Mādhava, on the banks of the Yamunā river, You will call to them by softly playing on Your flute.
agha-baka mārato rakhā-vidhān
korobi sadā tuhuṅ gokula-kān!
4) By slaying great demons such as Aghāsura and Bakāsura You will always provide full protection, O Kān of the cowherd settlement!
rakhā korobi tuhuṅ niścoy jāni
pāna korobuṅ hāma jāmuna-pāni
5) Fearless and confident of Your protection, I will drink the water of the Yamunā.
kāliya-dokha korobi vināśā
śodhobi nadī-jala, bāḍāobi āśā
6) The Kāliya serpent’s venom poisoned the Yamunā’s waters, yet that poison will be vanquished. You will purify the Yamunā, and by such heroic deeds enhance our faith.
piyato dāvānala rākhobi mo’y
‘gopāla’, ‘govinda’ nāma tava hoy
7) You will surely protect me by swallowing the forest fire. Thus You are called Gopāla (protector of the cows) and Govinda (pleaser of the cows).
rākhobi varṣane, giri-vara-dhāri!
8) In order to curb the malice of Indra, king of the demigods, You will protect me from his torrents of rain, O lifter of the mighty Govardhana Hill!
catur-ānana korabo jab cori
rakhā korobi mujhe, gokula-hari!
9) When the four-headed Brahmā abducts me along with Your cowherd boyfriends and calves, then also You will surely protect me, O Gokula Hari!
rākhobi keśava! korato jatan
10) Bhaktivinoda is now the property of Gokula, Your holy abode. O Keśava! Kindly protect him with gentle loving care.