Śaraṇāgati (Surrendered to the Lord’s Shelter)
Bhajana Lālasā (Hankering for Divine Service) – Song Five
jadi tava nāma gā’ya
mānase ādara, koribo tāhāre,
jāni’ nija-jana tāya
1) O my Lord Hari! Within my mind I will honor and consider as my own relative one who naturally avoids the offense of bad association and sings Your holy name, be he formally initiated or not. *
dīkṣita hoiyā, bhaje tuwā pada,
tāhāre pranati kori
ananya-bhajane, vijña yei jana,
tāhāre sevibo, hari!
2) I offer obeisances to that devotee who is initiated and worships Your lotus feet, and I will faithfully serve, O Hari, a devotee who is fixed in unalloyed devotion to You.
sarva-bhūte sama, ye bhaktera mati,
tāhāra darśane māni
āpanāke dhanya, se saṅga pāiyā,
caritārtha hoiluṅ jāni
3) I consider myself greatly fortunate to even see that devotee who regards all living beings equally. Obtaining his association I consider myself fortunate, for I know that I have become successful in life.
niṣkapaṭa-mati, vaiṣṇavera prati,
ei dharma kabe pā’bo
kabe saṁsāra-sindhu-pāra ho’ye,
tava braja-pure jā’bo
4) When will my attitude toward the Vaiṣṇavas become simple and innocent? And when will I cross over this ocean of worldly existence and reach Your transcendental abode of Vraja?
* This song is based on the fifth verse of Upadeśāmṛta – kṛṣṇeti yasya giri…