Śaraṇāgati (Surrendered to the Lord’s Shelter)
Fifth Principle of Surrender: Bhakti-Pratikūla-Bhāva Varjanāṅgīkāra (Renunciation of Conduct Unfavorable to Pure Devotion) – Song 4
āmi to’ swānanda-sukhada-bāsī
1) Oh I am a resident of Svānanda-sukhada-kuñja, and a maidservant of the lotus feet of Rādhikā and Mādhava.
duṅhāra milane ānanda kori
duṅhāra viyoge duḥkhete mari
2) I happily rejoice at the union of the Divine Couple, and in Their separation I die in utter anguish.
sakhī-sthalī nāhi heri nayane
dekhile śaibyāke paraye mane
3) I never look at the area in Vraja called Sakhī-sthalī where Candrāvalī and her friends live. If I were to see that place it reminds me of Candrāvalī’s sharp-tongued gopī friend named Śaibyā.
je-je pratikūla candrāra sakhī
prāne duḥkha pāi tāhāre dekhi’
4) I feel pain in my heart whenever I happen to catch sight of Candrāvalī’s proud girlfriends, for they are all inimical to Rādhā’s camp.
rādhikā-kuñja āṅdhāra kori’
loite cāhe se rādhāra hari
5) Candrāvalī wants to take away Rādhā’s Lord Hari, thus causing the love-grove of Rādhikā to be overcast with the darkness of gloom.
pratikūla-jana nā heri mukha
6) I never look at the faces of those who wish to obstruct the joy of the union of Śrī Rādhā and Govinda.
rādhā-pratikūla jateka jana-
sambhāṣane kabhu nā hoy mana
7) Nor do I find any pleasure in conversing with those who are members of a camp opposed to Rādhā.
saṅpeche parāna atīva jatane
8) Bhaktivinoda has entrusted his soul with great care unto the lotus feet of Śrīmatī Rādhārāṇī.Sixth Principle of Surrender: Bhakti-Anukūla-Mātra Kāryera