emona durmati, saṁsāra bhitore,
poḍiyā āchinu āmi
tava nija-jana, kono mahājane,
pāṭhāiyā dile tumi
1) O Lord! With such a wicked mind as this I have fallen into the material world, but You have sent one of Your pure and elevated devotees to rescue me.
doyā kori’ more, patita dekhiyā,
kohilo āmāre giyā
ohe dīna-jana, śuno bhālo kathā,
ullasita ha’be hiyā
2) He saw me so fallen and wretched, took pity, and came to me saying, “O humbled soul, please listen to this good tiding, for it will gladden your heart.
tomāre tārite, śrī-kṛṣṇa-caitanya,
tomā heno koto, dīna hīna jane,
3) “Śrī Kṛṣṇa Caitanya has appeared in the land of Navadvīpa in order to deliver you. He has safely conducted many miserable souls such as you across the sea of worldly existence.
vedera pratijñā, rākhibāra tare,
mahāprabhu nāme, nadīyā mātāya,
saṅge bhāi avadhūta
4) “To fulfill the promise of the Vedas, the son of a brāhmana, of golden complexion and bearing the name of Mahāprabhu, has descended along with His brother, the avadhūta. Together They have overwhelmed all of Nadīyā with divine ecstasy.*
nanda-suta jini, caitanya gosāi,
nija-nāma kori’ dān
tārilo jagat, tumi-o jāiyā,
5) “Śrī Caitanya Gosāi, who is Kṛṣṇa Himself, the son of Nanda, has saved the world by freely distributing the gift of His own holy name. Go to Him also and receive your deliverance.”
se kathā śuniyā, āsiyāchi, nātha!
bhakativinoda, kāṅdiyā kāṅdiyā,
6) Hearing those words, O Lord, Bhaktivinoda has come weeping and weeping to the soles of Your lotus feet and tells the story of his life.
*As stated in the Caitanyopaniṣad, verse 5, of the Atharva Veda: “The abode of Navadvīpa is synonymous with Goloka Vṛndāvana. There, on the banks of the Gaṅgā, the two-armed Govinda will appear as Lord Gaurāṅga, endowed with a golden complexion. He is the Supersoul, the Supreme Godhead, existing beyond the three modes of nature. He will appear as a great saint and mystic. Throughout the world, He who is the embodiment of pure goodness will disseminate the cult of pure devotion to Kṛṣṇa.”
Also, from the Vāyu Purāṇa: “In the age of Kali I shall descend as the son of Śacī-devī to inaugurate the saṅkīrtana movement.
From the Śvetāśvataropaniṣad 3.12: mahān prabhur vai puruṣaḥ sattvasyaiṣa pravartakaḥ – “The Supreme Personality of Godhead is Mahāprabhu, the propagator of transcendental enlightenment.”