Śaraṇāgati (Surrendered to the Lord’s Shelter)
Third Principle of Surrender: Goptṛtve-Varaṇa (Acceptance of the Lord as Sole Maintainer) – Song 3
sarvasva tomār, caraṇe saṁpiyā,
poḍechi tomāra ghare
tumi to’ ṭhākur, tomāra kukur,
boliyā jānaho more
1) Now that I have surrendered all that I possess unto Your lotus feet, I throw myself down before Your house. You are the master of the house; kindly consider me Your own dog.
bāṅdhiyā nikaṭe, āmāre pālibe,
rohibo tomāra dwāre
pratīpa-janere, āsite nā dibo,
rākhibo gaḍera pāre
2) Chaining me nearby, You will maintain me, and I shall lie at Your doorstep. I will not allow Your enemies to enter, but will keep them outside the bounds of the surrounding moat.
tava nija-jana, prasād seviyā,
ucchiṣṭa rākhibe jāhā
āmāra bhojan, parama-ānande,
prati-din ha’be tāhā
3) Whatever food remnants Your devotees leave behind after honoring Your prasād will be my daily sustenance. I will feast on those remnants in great bliss.
bosiyā śuiyā, tomāra caraṇa,
cintibo satata āmi
nācite nācite, nikaṭe jāibo,
jakhona ḍākibe tumi
4) While sitting up or lying down, I will constantly meditate on Your lotus feet. Whenever You call, I will immediately run to You and dance in rapture.
nijera poṣana, kabhu nā bhāvibo,
rohibo bhāvera bhore
bhakativinoda, tomāre pālaka,
boliyā varaṇa kore
5) I will never think for my own nourishment, and will remain absorbed in ever cherishing love for my Master. Bhaktivinoda now accepts You as his only maintainer.