Gītāvalī (A Collection of Songs)
(Eight Prayers Glorifying the Holy Name) – Song 8
nārada muni, bājāya vīṇā,
nāma amani, udita hoya
1) When the great soul Nārada Muni plays his stringed vīṇā, the holy name of Rādhikā-Ramana descends and immediately appears amidst the kīrtan of the Lord’s devotees.
amiya-dhārā, bariṣe ghana,
bhakata-jana, saghane nāce,
bhoriyā āpana hiyā
2) Like a monsoon cloud, the holy name showers pure nectar into their ears. All the devotees, due to great ecstasy, enthusiastically dance to their heart’s content.
mādhurī-pūra, asabo paśi’,
keho vā kānde, keho vā nāce,
keho māte mane mane
3) All the inhabitants of the universe become maddened upon entering these intoxicating showers of divine sweetness. Some people cry, some dance and others become fully intoxicated within their minds.
pañca-vadana, nārade dhori’,
premera saghana rol
kamalāsana, nāciyā bole,
’bolo bolo hari bolo’
4) The five-faced Lord Śiva embraces Nārada Muni and repeatedly makes loud screams of ecstatic joy, while Lord Brahmā dances very ecstatically and exclaims, “All of you chant ‘Haribol ! Haribol!'”
‘hari hari’ boli’ gāy
nāma-prabhāve, mātilo viśva,
nāma-rasa sabe pāy
5) In supreme happiness the thousand-faced Ananta Śeṣa sings and calls out, “Hari! Hari!” By the influence of the transcendental vibration of that name, the whole universe becomes ecstatically maddened as everyone tastes and relishes the mellows of the holy name.
śrī-kṛṣṇa-nāma, rasane sphuri’,
pūrā’lo āmāra āśa
śrī-rūpa-pade, yācaye ihā,
6) The holy name of Śrī Kṛṣṇa has fulfilled all my desires by thus manifesting on everyone’s tongue. Bhaktivinoda, the humble servant of the Lord, therefore prays at the feet of Śrī Rūpa Goswāmī that the chanting of Harinām may always continue in this way.