Gītāvalī (A Collection of Songs)
(Eight Prayers Glorifying the Holy Name) – Song 6
vācya o vācaka-dui swarūp tomār
vācya-tava śrī-vigraha cid-ānandākār
1) O Lord, You possess two transcendental forms, properly called vācya (that which is nameable) and vācaka (that which denotes). The vācya is Your beautiful personal bodily form full of transcendental knowledge and bliss.
vācaka swarūp tava ‘śrī-kṛṣṇa ādi’ nām
2) The vācaka forms are Your holy names, such as Śrī Kṛṣṇa and so forth. Thus appearing in the form of transcendental sound vibration, You are the resting place for the bliss of all souls.
ei dui swarūpe tava ananta prakāś
doyā kori’ deya jīve tomāra vilās
3) Your unlimited manifestations are found in these two forms. Taking pity and being very kind, they confer upon the fallen souls entrance into Your divine pastimes.
kintu jāniyāchi nātha vācaka-swarūp
vācyāpekṣā doyamoy, ei aparūp
4) But of these two forms of Yours, O Lord, I have understood Your vācaka form to be even more merciful than Your vācya form. Thus do I find Your holy name most wonderful.
nāma nāmī bheda nāi, vedera vacan
tabu nāma-nāmī ho’te adhika korun
5) It is the declaration of the Vedas that the holy name of the Lord and the Lord Himself are non-different, yet still the holy name is more merciful than the Lord Himself.
kṛṣṇae-aparādhi jadi nāme śraddhā kori’
prāna bhori’ ḍāke nām-‘rama, kṛṣṇa, hari’
6) If one is an offender to Lord Kṛṣṇa personally, but has genuine faith in the holy name and calls out with all his heart and soul, “Rāma!” “Kṛṣṇa!” “Hari!”…
aparādha dūre jāy, ānanda-sāgare
bhāse sei anāyāse rasera pāthāre
7) …then all his offenses are cast far away, and he floats without difficulty in the ocean of divine bliss and transcendental mellows.
vigraha-swarūp vācye aparādha kori’
śuddha-nāmāśraye sei aparādhe tori’
8) A person may commit offenses to the vācya or the transcendental figure of the Lord, but if he is under the shelter of the pure holy name, he crosses over all those offenses.
bhakativinoda māge śrī-rūpa-caraṇe
vācaka-swarūp nāme rati anukṣane
9) At the lotus feet of Śrīla Rūpa Goswāmī, Bhaktivinoda begs for constant loving attachment for the vācaka or divine holy name of the Supreme Lord.