viśve udita, nāma-tapan,
choḍata saba, māyā-vibhava,
sādhu tāhe anurāgī
1) The brilliant sun of the transcendental holy name of the Lord has appeared in the material universe in order to destroy ignorance. Casting aside all worldly attractions, the saintly souls cultivate affection for the name alone.
tomār mahimā kebā jāne
heno panḍita-jan, tomāra māhātmya-gaṇ,
uccaiḥ-sware sakala bākhāne
2) The sun of the holy name is the dispeller of the darkness of ignorance. O Harinām, who actually knows Your greatness? What sort of learned man is capable of loudly singing the host of Your glories?
tomāra ābhās pahilohi bhāy
3) O holy name, from the first moment one perceives a glimpse of You appearing on the horizon of the heart, the darkness of this material world is almost totally devoured.
acire timira nāśiyā prajñān
tattvāndha-nayane korena vidhān
4) Quickly destroying all remaining darkness, You bestow divine wisdom upon our spiritually blinded eyes.
sei to’ prajñān viśuddha bhakati
upajāy hari-viṣayinī mati
5) That divine wisdom gives rise within the heart to pure devotion, from which awakens an understanding of the transcendental characteristics of Lord Hari.
e adbhuta-līlā satata tomār
bhakativinoda jāniyāche sār
6) This wonderful pastime of Yours is eternally taking place, and Bhaktivinoda has understood its essence.