[Lalita-Ekatālā & Daśakuśī]
swa-nām-mahimā koralo pracār
1) Through the mouth of Śrīla Rūpa Goswāmī, the son of Mother Śacī preached the glories of His own divine holy name.
jo nām, so hari-kachu nāhi bheda
so nām satya-miti gāyati veda
2) There is no difference between that holy name of Lord Hari and Lord Hari Himself. The Vedic scriptures sing of the true glory of the Lord’s holy name.
sabu upaniṣada, ratna-mālā-dyuti,
maṅgala-ārati, koro-i anukṣana,
3) All the Upaniṣads are like a necklace of beautifully effulgent jewels shining before the lotus feet of the holy name. They perpetually perform maṅgala ārati for the holy name with lamps of two rows of five ghee wicks.
caudda bhuvana māha, deva-nara-dānava,
bhāga jāṅkara balavān
nāma-rasa-pīyuṣa, pibo-i anukṣana,
4) Within the fourteen worlds, those demigods, men and demons whose fortune has been very great constantly drink the nectar of the sweet mellows of the holy name, casting aside all kinds of fruitive activities and intellectual forms of knowledge.
nitya-mukta punaḥ, nāma-upāsana,
satata koro-i sāma-gāne
goloke baiṭhata, gāowe nirantara,
nāma-viraha nāhi jāne
5) The eternally liberated souls living in the spiritual world, however, always worship the holy name in beautifully composed hymns and sit in Goloka Vṛndāvana perpetually singing the name. Therefore they do not know any separation from the holy name.
sabu-rasa-ākara, ‘hari’ iti dvy-akṣara,
sabu-bhāve koraluṅ āśroy
nāma caraṇe pa’ḍi, bhaktivinoda kohe,
tuwā pade māgahuṅ niloy
6) The two syllables Ha and ri are a mine of all varieties of devotional mellow. Every ecstasy of devotion has taken shelter in them. Falling at the lotus feet of the holy name, Bhaktivinoda says, “O Harinām, I pray for residence at Your lotus feet.”