bṛṣabhānu-rāja, śuddha kalpa-ballī,
1) Śrīmatī Rādhārāṇī is the crest jewel of all amorous young maidens who take pleasure in relishing transcendental mellows. She is a beautiful swan in the waters of love for Kṛṣṇa, a transcendental wish-fulfilling creeper on the family tree of king Vṛṣabhānu, and the original source of all the goddesses of fortune
rakta paṭṭa-vastra, nitamba-upari,
kṣudra ghanṭi dule tā’y
kuca-yugopari, duli’ muktā-mālā,
citta-hārī śobhā pāy
2) Upon Her hips She wears red silken cloth on which tiny bells are swinging, and upon Her breasts sways a lovely necklace of pearls. In this way She looks so splendorous that She steals the heart of the beholder.
kaiśora amṛta, tārunya-karpūr,
3) Her bodily luster is exceptionally effulgent, like the golden whorl of the best of lotus flowers. Her two sweetly smiling lips display the immortal nectar of adolescence mixed with the fragrant camphor of new youthfulness. She is completely faithful to Lord Kṛṣṇa.
banānte āgata, braja-pati-suta,
heri’ śaṅkākula, nayana-bhaṅgite,
ādarete stava kore
4) Seeing that the supremely mischievous son of Nanda has arrived on the outskirts of the Vṛndāvana forest as He returns from tending the cows, She becomes stricken with anxiety and affectionately offers prayers to Him by the hints and signals of Her eyes.
brajera mahilā-gaṇera parān,
lalita lalitā-snehete praphulla-
5) Śrīmatī Rādhārāṇī is the life and soul of all the elder women of Vraja, and is especially dear to Mother Yaśodā. Basking in the affection of charming Lalitā-devī, Rādhā’s bodily form has fully blossomed like a lotus, thus displaying Her beautiful and graceful limbs.
viśākhāra sane, bana-phula tuli’,
gāṅthe vaijayantī mālā
6) Accompanied by Viśākhā, Rādhā picks forest flowers and strings together a vaijayantī flower garland for Kṛṣṇa. She is the well-wisher of all, and is always situated upon the chest of the Lord, being the most beloved young girlfriend of Kṛṣṇa.
snigdha venu-rave, druta-gati jāi’,
kuñje peye naṭa-bare
karna kanḍūyana kore
7) Hearing the soft sound of the flute, She moves swiftly through the forest, and finding in the bowers of Vraja the best of dancing actors, the chaste Rādhā with smiling eyes turns her face downward in shyness while restlessly scratching Her ear.
sparśiyā kamala, vāyu su-śītala,
kore jabe kunḍa-nīra
nidāghe tathāy, nija-gaṇa saha,
8) When the breeze, which is scented with the fragrance of lotus flowers, makes the waters of Rādhā-kunḍa very cool, then, in the warmth of the summer in those cooling waters, Rādhā along with all Her girlfriends satisfies the hero of Gokula.
kohaye caraṇa dhori’
heno rādhā-dāsya, sudhīra-sampad,
kabe dibe kṛpā kori’
9) Bhaktivinoda says to Rūpa and Raghunātha, clasping their lotus feet, “When will you bestow your mercy upon me and give me eternal service to such a Rādhā as this, for Her service is the wealth of the truly wise.”