Gītāvalī (A Collection of Songs)
(Eight Prayers in Glorification of Śrīmatī Rādhārāṇī) – Song 3
chinna-puraṭa jini’, varna-vikāśinī,
1) The beloved daughter of King Vṛṣabhānu is the crest-jewel of all young women. She is fond of wearing blue garments. Her radiant complexion is very pleasing and conquers the beauty of freshly cut gold, Her locks of hair are nicely arranged, and She is the life and soul of Lord Kṛṣṇa.
2) She is artfully adorned with jewels, She is very learned in the science of Hari-rasa, and Her forehead is nicely decorated with tilaka. Her breasts are covered with a beautiful corset and adorned with valuable gems, and Her eyes are anointed with black collyrium. Thus She appears to be relishable sweetness personified.
sakala tyajiyā se rādhā-caraṇe
dāsī ho’ye bhaja parama-jatane
3) Giving up everything and becoming a maidservant at the lotus feet of Rādhā, just worship and serve Her with great care and attention.
saundarya-kirana dekhiyā jāṅhār
4) Beholding Her effulgent rays of pure beauty, the goddesses Rati, Gaurī, and Līlā abandon all their pride.
śacī-lakṣmī-satya saubhāgya bolane
parājita hoy jāṅhāra caraṇe
5) The good fortune attributed to the goddesses Śacī, Lakṣmī, and Satyā is completely defeated in the presence of Rādhā’s feet.
parājay māne hoiyā vivādī
6) The group of rival gopīs led by Candrāvalī are forced to accept their defeat before Śrīmatī Rādhārāṇī, for She alone controls Kṛṣṇa. Thus they always sulk and simply remain quarrelsome.
hari-dayita rādhā-caraṇa prayāsī
7) Bhaktivinoda, a resident of Śrī Godruma, always endeavors for the lotus feet of Rādhā, the most beloved of Lord Hari.