prabhu tava pada-yuge mora nivedan
nāhi māgi deha-sukha, vidyā, dhana, jan
1) O Lord! This is my humble submission at Your lotus feet. I do not ask from You sensual pleasure, learning, wealth, or followers
nāhi māgi swarga, āra mokṣa nāhi māgi
nā kori prārthanā kono vibhūtira lāgi’
2) I do not beg for residence on the celestial planets, nor do I wish liberation from this mundane existence. Nor do I pray for the attainment of any mystic powers.
nija-karma-guna-doṣe je je janma pāi
janme janme jeno tava nāma-guna gāi
3) Whatever birth I may obtain due to the faults of my previous worldly activities, I pray that I may sing the glories of Your holy name birth after birth
ei mātra āśā mama tomār caraṇe
ahoitukī bhakti hṛde jāge anukṣane
4) This is my only desire, O Lord, and I submit it at Your lotus feet: That unmotivated devotion to You may constantly awaken in my heart
viṣaye je prīti ebe āchaye āmār
sei-mata prīti hauk caraṇe tomār
5) As much attachment as I now have for worldly affairs, I pray that a similar degree of attachment may develop for Your holy feet.
vipade sampade tāhā thākuk sama-bhāve
dine dine vṛddhi hauk nāmera prabhāve
6) I pray that my love for You may remain undisturbed both in misfortune and in prosperity, and that day after day it may increase by the power and influence of Your holy name.
paśu-pakṣi ho’ye thāki swarge vā niroye
tava bhakti rahu bhaktivinoda-hṛdoye
7) Be my life in heaven or in hell, be it as a bird or a beast, may devotion to You always remain within the heart of Bhaktivinoda.