gāite gāite nāma ki daśā hoilo
‘kṛṣṇa-nitya-dāsa mui’ hṛdoye sphurilo
1) What was my condition after repeatedly chanting the holy name? The realization that “I am the eternal servant of Kṛṣṇa” spontaneously became manifest within my heart.
jānilām māyā-pāśe e jaḍa-jagate
govinda-virahe duḥkha pāi nānā-mate
2) I realized that I was ensnared in the noose of māyā’s illusion, being trapped within this dull mundane universe, and that I simply experience misery in various ways due to separation from Lord Govinda
ār je saṁsāra mor nāhi lāge bhālo
kāhā jāi’ kṛṣṇa heri-e cintā viśālo
3) Furthermore, I realized that I do not like this worldly existence. “Where can I go to see Kṛṣṇa?”-this was my great anxiety
kāṅdite kāṅdite mor āṅkhi-variśoy
varṣā-dhārā heno cakṣe hoilo udoy
4) Crying and crying, tears poured from my eyes, appearing just like torrents of rain in the monsoon season
nimeṣe hoilo mora śata-yuga-sam
govinda-viraha ār sahite akṣam
5) Unable to bear separation from Lord Govinda any longer, for me the passing of a moment became like a hundred long ages.
śūnya dharā-tala, caudike dekhiye,
parāna udāsa hoy
ki kori, ki kori, sthira nāhi hoy
jīvana nāhiko roy
6) As I look about in all directions, the surface of the earth appears to be void, and my very life-breath feels empty. What am I doing? What am I doing? I do not feel at all tranquil, and the life within my body is slipping away.
braja-bāsī-gaṇ, mora prāna rākho,
bhakativinoda, minati māniyā,
laohe tāhāre sāthe
7) O residents of Vraja-dhāma! Please save my life and show me the Lord of Śrī Rādhā! O consider the prayers of this Bhaktivinoda and take him into His company!
śrī-kṛṣṇa-viraha ār sahite nā pāri
parān chāḍite ār din dui cāri
8) I am unable to further tolerate this separation from my Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa and am ready to give up my life in two days or four.
gāite govinda-nām, upajilo bhāva-grām,
dekhilām jamunāra kūle
bṛṣabhānu-sutā-saṅge, śyāma-naṭa-bara raṅge,
bāṅśarī bājāya nīpa-mūle
1) Upon singing the holy name of Govinda, a host of ecstasies arose within me… and I saw Lord Śyāmasundar, the best of dancing actors, standing on the banks of the Yamunā in the company of the daughter of Mahārāja Vṛṣabhānu. He was playing His flute with great delight at the base of a kadamba tree
dekhiyā yugala-dhana, asthira hoilo mana,
jñāna-hārā hoinu takhon
koto-kṣane nāhi jāni, jñāna-labha hoilo māni,
āra nāhi bhelo daraśan
2) Seeing the treasured Divine Couple of Vraja, my mind became unsteady and I lost consciousness. I do not know for how long I was unconscious, but when I awoke that vision of Rādhā and Kṛṣṇa was no longer present.
sakhi go, kemate dharibo parān
nimeṣa hoilo yugera samān
1) O my dear girlfriend! How will I maintain my life? The passing of a mere moment has become like a vast age of time.
śrāvanera dhārā, āṅkhi-variṣoy,
śūnya bhelo dharā-tala
govinda-virahe, prāna nāhi rohe,
kemone vāñcibo bolo
2) Tears flow from my eyes like torrents of rain in the month of Śravana, and the face of the earth has become totally void. In separation from Govinda my life cannot go on… please tell how I will be able to live
bhakativinoda, asthira hoiyā,
punaḥ nāmāśraya kori’
ḍāke rādhā-nātha, diyā daraśan,
prāna rākho, nāhe mari
3) Bhaktivinoda has become very restless and again takes shelter of the holy name, calling out, “O Lord of Rādhā! By bestowing Your audience, please save my life! By Your mercy alone I shall not perish!”