tuṅhu doyā-sāgara tārayite prāṇī
nām aneka tuwā śikhāoli āni’
1) O Lord, You are an ocean of mercy. You have brought Your innumerable holy names to this world and have taught the chanting of them to the fallen living beings just for their deliverance.
sakala śakati dei nāme tohārā
grahane rākholi nāhi kāla-vicārā
2) You invest all Your energies in Your own holy name, and for chanting Your holy name You have not established any rules such as consideration of time or place.
śrī-nāma-cintāmaṇi tohāri samānā
viśve bilāoli karunā-nidānā
3) Your divine holy name, being non-different from You, is like touchstone. You have distributed Your holy name throughout the entire creation, and that is the essence of Your kindness.
tuwā doyā aichana parama udārā
atiśoy manda nātha! bhāga hāmārā
4) Such is Your mercy, which is supremely magnanimous, O Lord, but I am extremely unfortunate.
nāhi janamalo nāme anurāga mor
bhakativinoda-citta duḥkhe vibhor
5) My attraction for the holy name has never come about; therefore the heart of Bhaktivinoda is overwhelmed with sadness.