Śaraṇāgati (Surrendered to the Lord’s Shelter)
Fourth Principle of Surrender: Avaśya Rakṣibe Kṛṣṇa – Viśvāsa, Pālana (Faith in Kṛṣṇa as Protector) – Song 2
tumi to’ māribe jāre, ke tāre rākhite pāre,
brahmā-ādi deva-gaṇa, tava dāsa aganaṇa,
kore tava ājñāra pālan
1) If You wish to slay someone, then who could possibly protect them? The three worlds are subservient to Your will. The demigods headed by Lord Brahmā are Your countless servants who stand ready to execute Your command.
tava icchā-mate jata, graha-gaṇa avirata,
śubhāśubha phala kore dān
roga-śoka-mṛti-bhoy, tava icchā-mate hoy,
tava ājñā sadā balavān
2) By Your will the planets incessantly exercise their auspicious or inauspicious influences. Illness, grief, death, and fear occur by Your will. Your command is all-powerful.
tava bhoye vāyu boy, candra sūrya samudoy,
swa-swa niyamita karya kore
tumi to’ parameśwar, para-brahma parātpar,
tava bāsa bhakata-antare
3) In fear of You the wind blows, the sun and moon rise and set, all performing their regulated tasks. You are the Supreme Lord, the ultimate spirit, transcendentally situated beyond even the beyond. Your residence is in the heart of Your loving devotee.
sadā-śuddha siddha-kāma, ‘bhakata-vatsala’ nāma,
tumi to’ rākhibe jāre, ke tāre mārite pāre,
sakala vidhira vidhi tumi
4) You are eternally pure. All Your desires are already fulfilled. Your name is Bhakta-vatsala, for You are the eternally affectionate Lord of Your dear devotees. If You wish to protect someone, then who could possibly slay them? You are the law of all laws.
tomāra caraṇe nātha! koriyāche pranipāta,
bhakativinoda tava dās
vipada hoite swāmī! avaśya tāhāre tumi,
rakṣibe,-tāhāra e viśvās
5) Your servant Bhaktivinoda has bowed down submissively at Your lotus feet, O Lord! He cherishes the faith, O master, that You will surely protect him from all dangers.