kṛṣṇa-nāma dhare koto bal
viṣaya-vāsanānale, mora citta sadā jwale,
karna-randhra-patha diyā, hṛdi mājhe praveśiyā,
variṣoya sudhā anupam
1) What power does the name of Kṛṣṇa possess? My heart constantly burns in the fire of worldly desires, just like a desert scorched by the rays of the sun. The holy name, entering the core of my heart through the holes of my ears, showers unparalleled nectar upon my soul.
hṛdoya hoite bole, jihvāra agrete cale,
śabda-rūpe nāce anukṣan
kanṭhe mora bhaṅge swara, aṅga kāṅpe thara thara,
sthira hoite nā pāre caraṇ
2) The holy name speaks from within my heart, moves onto the tip of my tongue, and constantly dances on it in the form of transcendental sound. My throat becomes choked up, my body shivers again and again, and my feet cannot remain still.
cakṣe dhārā, dehe gharma, pulakita saba carma,
vivarna hoilo kalevara
mūrchita hoilo man, pralayera āgaman,
bhāve sarva-deha jara jara
3) Rivers of tears flow from my eyes, perspiration completely soaks my body, all my skin thrills with rapture, my hairs stand on end, and my complexion turns pale and discolored. My mind grows faint, I begin to experience devastation, and my entire body is shattered in a flood of ecstatic emotions.
kori’ eto upadrava, citte varṣe sudhā-drava,
more ḍāre premera sāgare
kichu nā bujhite dilo, more to’ bātula koilo,
mora citta-vitta saba hare
4) While causing such an ecstatic disturbance, the holy name showers liquid nectar on my heart and drowns me in the ocean of divine love of Godhead. He does not allow me to understand anything, for He has made me truly mad by having stolen away my mind and all my resources.
loinu āśroya jā’r, heno vyavahāra tā’r,
varnite nā pāri e sakal
kṛṣṇa-nāma icchā-moy, jāhe jāhe sukhī hoy,
sei mora sukhera sambal
5) Such is the behavior of Him in whom I have taken shelter. I am not capable of describing all this. The holy name of Kṛṣṇa is independent and thus acts on His own sweet will. In whatever way He becomes happy, that is also my way of happiness.
premera kalikā nām, adbhuta rasera dhām,
heno bala karaye prakāś
īṣat vikaśi’ punaḥ, dekhāy nija-rūpa-guna,
citta hari’ loya kṛṣṇa-pāś
6) The holy name is the bud of the flower of divine love, and is the very abode of astonishing mellows. Such is the power He manifests that when His holy name starts to blossom a little further, it then reveals His own divine form and qualities. Thus my heart is abducted and taken directly to Kṛṣṇa.
pūrna vikaśita hoiyā, braje more jāya loiyā,
dekhāy more swarūpa-vilās
more siddha-deha diyā, kṛṣṇa-pāśe rākhe giyā,
e dehera kore sarva-nāś
7) Blossoming fully, the flower of the holy name takes me to Vraja and reveals to me His own love-dalliance. This name gives to me my own eternal spiritual body, keeps me right by Kṛṣṇa’s side, and completely destroys everything related to this mortal frame of mine.
kṛṣṇa-nāma-cintāmaṇi, akhila rasera khani,
nāmera bālāi jata, saba lo’ye hoi hata,
tabe mora sukhera udoy
8) The name of Kṛṣṇa is a transcendental touchstone, a mine of all devotional mellows. It is eternally liberated, and the embodiment of pure rasa. When all impediments to the pure chanting of the holy name are taken away and destroyed, then my happiness will know its true awakening.
Thus ends Śaraṇāgati by Ṭhākura Bhaktivinoda.