kṛpā-bindu diyā, koro’ ei dāse,
tṛṇāpekṣā ati hīna
sakala sahane, bala diyā koro’,
1) O Gurudeva! By administering a drop of your mercy make this servant of yours infinitely more humble than a blade of grass. Giving me the strength to bear all trials and troubles, free me from desires for personal honor. *
sakale sammāna, korite śakati,
deho’ nātha! jathājatha
tabe to’ gāibo, hari-nāma-sukhe,
aparādha ha’be hata
2) O lord and master! Inspire me with the power to befittingly honor all living beings. Only then will I sing the holy name of the Lord in great ecstasy, and my offensive activities will cease.
kabe heno kṛpā, labhiyā e jana,
kṛtārtha hoibe, nātha!
śakti-buddhi-hīna, āmi ati dīna,
koro’ more ātma-sātha
3) When will this person be indeed blessed by receiving your mercy, O lord and master? Devoid of all strength and intelligence, I am very low and fallen. Please make me your own.
yogyatā-vicāre, kichu nāhi pāi,
karuṇā nā hoile, kāṅdiyā kāṅdiyā,
prāṇa nā rākhibo āra
4) When I examine myself for worthiness, I find nothing of value. Therefore Your mercy is the essence of life. If you are not merciful to me, then I will constantly weep and weep, no longer being able to maintain my life.
* This song is based on the tṛṇad api sunīcena verse of the Śikṣāṣṭaka uttered by Śrī Gaurāṅga Mahāprabhu.